Did pet store give me otocinclus instead of Pygmy Cory?

Heyo! I went to Petco yesterday and got 4 Pygmy corydora catfish for my 30gallon. My 30gal had already had 6 pygmies so now the shoal is a total of 10 (I still plan to increase this number). 
in the tank at Petco, they had endlers, Pygmy cories, cherry shrimp, and otocinclus all together in one tank. No biggie ofc. But this one Cory is acting a bit different than the others… they have constantly been sucking to the glass and eating the algae, that or just resting on the plants / rocks (which is normal, so that’s no worry.)

I didn’t think Pygmy corycats (or really ANY corycats) could suck on the glass, which makes me think they gave me one otocinclus by mistake? I don’t mind at all, but I would like to know what kinda fishie this fella is.  He is pretty shy and pretty small (likely juvenile even for a Pygmy cory), so this is the best pic
IMG_4024.jpeg.1d29490651e2f801853dd84b8e0cd73b.jpeg

If my pygmy cory ate stuff on the glass, it would just be for a second, then it is off fluttering to something else. If it is stuck to glass and has a pearl-like belly, I would agree that it is an otocinclus. My oto's shoal with the pygmies, btw.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 3:48 PM, GoofyGarra said:

From the picture the fish looks like a pygmy cory to me. Do you think you could get a side shot of the fish? Or specifically the mouth area? That might help with identification

Yes I too think it looks like a Pygmy cory, here is a better pic of them eating algae off of my Anubias (something that should have been done a long time ago! [spongebob ref])

IMG_4026.jpeg.09ff1d563571ab83776338cb942aa27e.jpegIMG_4025.jpeg.4e662ea9e30faeb751013f970c5aa1e8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 4:03 PM, GoofyGarra said:

@clownbaby That is for sure just a goofy Pygmy Cory, not an Oto

Thanks!!! I am impressed though. They’ve made a noticeable dent on my algae (which I never remove LMAO) !!! What a funny guy.

On 6/24/2024 at 8:13 PM, clownbaby said:

Thanks!!! I am impressed though. They’ve made a noticeable dent on my algae (which I never remove LMAO) !!! What a funny guy.

I would just make sure he is getting enough food with the others so that the algae eating behavior is just something goofy with the fish, not a last ditch effort because he is starving.