Hillstream loach white spot

goodjobchamp

I have had these hillstreams for about 5 months now without any issues. But recently i had to put in my 5 juvenile long fin plecos with the hillstreams in the 20g long they are about 2 inches same length as the hillstreams. To counter the possible bio load i only feed them every 3 days and do 3-4 day water changes of about 25%. I did notice yesterday when i fed the tank wtih repashi soilentgreen/bottomscratcher about an hour after it had a fishy smell i think, it just didnt smell great not horrible. It smells better today but not completely gone. I didnt want the plecos in with the hillstreams but sadly the cycle crashed in the other 20 long so im making do. I did notice 2 males were really fighting for quite some time over 10m last night, I havent seen them fight for a spot for so long it was quite the little battle i could hear the gravel get smacked when they tried to jostle for position over eachother. So i might be overreacting. I have also seen a wound similar to this when i got my first hillstreams, the lady was like pinching the fish trying to catch it but he healed up just fine. 

Water parameters.

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 10-20 i cant completely tell its orange but a darker orange but not tan orange like the chart shows. 

ph is around 7.4

Like i said i do water changes and gravel vacume the popular feeding spots every 3-4 days with a 5 gallon water change in the 20 long. It is overstocked but the parameters havent changed other than a little more nitrate. I do have live plants and quite a bit of algae. 

white spot side hillstream..jpg

white spot hillstream 2.jpg

Quite possible, I do put in over 6 peices of food since there is 10 ish fish in there. Takes them all a while to eat it about 6 hours to finish it. Do you think its possible to feed a little more frequent or maybe keep to what im doing so the tank can catch up its been about 2 weeks since they have been together @Colu

On 6/20/2024 at 1:03 AM, goodjobchamp said:

Quite possible, I do put in over 6 peices of food since there is 10 ish fish in there. Takes them all a while to eat it about 6 hours to finish it. Do you think its possible to feed a little more frequent or maybe keep to what im doing so the tank can catch up its been about 2 weeks since they have been together @Colu

What I would do is feed every other day and test daily to see if your getting any ammonia or nitrite after a couple of days your not seeing ammonia or nitrite then I would go to feeding once a day