Electricity outlets in Mexico

Not fish or even pet related but I'm heading off to Cancun in a few weeks with the family from the UK.

Does Mexico use the flat 2 pin plugs the US use?

Fairly certain the hotel will have USB outlets for phones and camera charging but I want to take my electric toothbrush and want to make sure I have the right adaptor 🙂

According to a quick Google search you should be okay, but if your electric toothbrush has a three-prong plug you might want to take an adaptor, since some of the older buildings in Mexico only work for the two prong plugs (which is also true in the US).

On 6/17/2024 at 4:30 PM, JettsPapa said:

According to a quick Google search you should be okay, but if your electric toothbrush has a three-prong plug you might want to take an adaptor, since some of the older buildings in Mexico only work for the two prong plugs (which is also true in the US).

Here in the UK anything that can potentially be used in a bathroom and therefore around water is on a two pin plug (something to do with earthing) but it's a round pin not a flat one.

Sounds like I need a UK bathroom to UK three pin adaptor plugged into a UK to US adaptor, sounds like a health and safety mans nightmare LOL

You can get USB toothbrush chargers which will probably be a lot easier to source than shaving plug adaptor. 

I would not rely on hotel having fitted USB plugs though so make sure you take a couple of adaptors