Neocaridina has green fungus and bloated guppy.

Myrium

Please let me know what you think. 
IMG_1134.jpeg.03fcb2f8f0ffa75e889f78d5f68cd489.jpeg

I thought this shrimp was berried with yellow green eggs for a good couple of weeks but hadn’t been able to get a good zoomed in pic to confirm.  Now I fear it’s a fungus of some kind. Shrimp seems healthy otherwise based on behavior.

IMG_1107.jpeg.bc0f21ae2eb3439034925cf2c36690e7.jpeg
One guppy has some kind of bloat.  Slowly getting worse over 3-4 weeks despite a 3 day fast, Maracyn (thought was antibiotic, oops), PraziPro.  Tried meds in a hospital tank (2L glass jar+ airstone+ weeping moss) but nitrites were crazy high next morning so he went back in main tank.  Respiration is high (like he’s panting) and he hangs out near bubbles from sponge filter or near bottom of tank unless feeding.  Kind of low energy compared with other guppies.  Not sure what else to try other than clove oil euthanasia when the time comes.  Still strong, but not athletic like healthy guppies. 

I see API Pimafix as an option for shrimp on some websites, would Fritz Maracyn be okay instead?  I also have IchX and PraziPro on hand.

What should I try for each?

10gallon planted tank, established in March of this year.  7 Guppies (1 bloated), 2 mystery snails, 6 Neocaridina shrimp (1 with green stuff on swimmerets only)

parameters:

aco strips and api master kit disagree so:

pH 7.8 API, 6.8 ACO (both are very consistent)

ammonia 0 API

Nitrite 0 both

Nitrate 5 API, 25 ACO

kH 40 ACO

gH 301 ACO

Cl 0 (use Seachem prime for all water changes)

also add easy green and easy iron once a week

I would remove the infected shrimp and treat it with ick X in a quarantine tank your guppy I would treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant just in case it's constipation causing the bloating if your seeing no improvement after 5 days then I would do a course of maracyn in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days just in case there's a internal bacterial infections causing thee bloating @Myrium

1000000026.png

Thank you both!

I have a couple of questions about IchX treatment for an acute infection.  The bottle says 5mL per 10 gallons, then next day, do 30% water change and treat again.  Repeat until 1 day after infection clears. Am I correct that you add LESS IchX for subsequent days?  Ie for, say, a 1 gallon treatment jar (plus air stone), start at 0.5mL, tomorrow remove 0.3 gallons, add 0.15mL to jar with new water, not 0.5mL.  Otherwise with another 0.5mL the final concentration would creep up each day?  Just confirming because this assumes that the medication is NOT being metabolized/consumed/degrading over time. 

Plan is to treat shrimp in a hospital jar (2L) daily (with water changes) until it clears up.  Hopefully it will come off with molt and removing the shrimp ghost will cure it.

I’m thinking I should treat main tank too?  But for how many days given no other shrimp have symptoms (or fake berries) that I can see.   Then again it took me a couple weeks to get a clear picture to see that these aren’t eggs, so…

Regarding guppy with bloat… do you have a favorite source/brand of Epsom salts that don’t have additives (like perfumes or???) that you trust?  

Thank you again!

On 6/3/2024 at 3:45 PM, Myrium said:

Thank you both!

I have a couple of questions about IchX treatment for an acute infection.  The bottle says 5mL per 10 gallons, then next day, do 30% water change and treat again.  Repeat until 1 day after infection clears. Am I correct that you add LESS IchX for subsequent days?  Ie for, say, a 1 gallon treatment jar (plus air stone), start at 0.5mL, tomorrow remove 0.3 gallons, add 0.15mL to jar with new water, not 0.5mL.  Otherwise with another 0.5mL the final concentration would creep up each day?  Just confirming because this assumes that the medication is NOT being metabolized/consumed/degrading over time. 

Plan is to treat shrimp in a hospital jar (2L) daily (with water changes) until it clears up.  Hopefully it will come off with molt and removing the shrimp ghost will cure it.

I’m thinking I should treat main tank too?  But for how many days given no other shrimp have symptoms (or fake berries) that I can see.   Then again it took me a couple weeks to get a clear picture to see that these aren’t eggs, so…

Regarding guppy with bloat… do you have a favorite source/brand of Epsom salts that don’t have additives (like perfumes or???) that you trust?  

Thank you again!

Do a water add the medication based on tank volume day two water change dose based on tank volume so if you are using a 1 gallon container dose for one gallon every day after your 30% water change I would just monitor the remaining shrimp in the main tank for sign's of infection before treating you can use just plain unscented epsom salt it doesn't matter what brand