Hello From Utah

Ken

Hi from Pleasant Grove, Utah. I’ve been lurking for a while now and thought I ought to join up and acknowledge all the help I’ve been getting and maybe even contribute and help someone else.

I had aquariums about 25 years ago but gave up when I had a bad experience with a lack of quarantine taking out my fancy goldfish tank. That, a farm, two growing boys, and a 50-60 hour a week job I just didn’t want to mess with it anymore. I’ve since semi-retired and moved to the big city.

August this year I decided to get into aquariums again and with this new internet thing with its YouTube and forums I was able to learn more in a few months than I did in years of bumbling around before.

I now I have a really nice little 10 gallon that was supposed to be a quarantine only tank but ended up with substrate, decorations and planted. It’s still serving as a quarantine but looks nice doing it. There are currently a dozen Cardinal Tetras undergoing the med-trio in it.

I also have a planted 40 breeder with 7 Golden White Clouds, 6 Panda Corys, 2 Nerite Snails, 3 Amano Shrimp and 10 Cherry Shrimp that was doing well up until a few weeks ago. I thought adding a second light would be a good idea because of lack of coverage front to back. It’s rapidly become an algae farm since. My Kasa Smart Plugs got here today so I ought to be able to get it back in line eventually.

And a 20 long that just came home, I have some ideas for the 20 I’ll be bouncing off you guys soon.

All that said, THANK YOU. This is an incredible forum.

• Like 4