Greetings! I've been watching Cory's youtube videos for over a year now and running my 5 gallon for almost as long. Two weeks ago was the 1-Year mark for this five gallon. Looking back through some pictures it feels like I've been through a lot since then - mostly plants... The creatures have thankfully stayed the same - or have grown at least!

We've got:

- 7 white clouds - a mix of the bog-standard variety and a couple gold-ish ones - including one that is offspring of the original six

- 1 sort of helpful amano shrimp named Tony-Tina (pre-schooler naming committee FTW!)

- 1 very helpful nerite snail named Beatrice

My main concern is plants! I've got through a fair number of diebacks - some with known causes - over enthusiastic pruning of taiwan moss; others remain a mystery - like the anubias I had that basically melted and died right away. A recent addition of some luwigia repens seemed to mark the start of a big die off of plants in the tank. The two images are about a month apart, with the sparser one from today. There had been lots of great java fern growth over time - hoping to get some of that back.

I've got some plants on their way from Aquarium Coop as I type, as well as some root tabs. Hope some more consistent feeding will help in making a happier environment for the plants. Everyone else seems to be doing just fine. If you're really eagle-eyed, you can see all the denizens of the tank in the "cleaner" pic.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

PXL_20201123_024448216.jpg

PXL_20201005_214109452.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 2