I thought I would post a pic of an Oryzias Latipes egg viewed on my new microscope for comparison with the first video in this thread. I'm excited by the image quality I am able to get now, but even more impressed with what I was able to get with a novelty clip on microscope.

20210128_122758_HDR-1.jpg.a6d9e0dbb3daafb787d78709b216863c.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

What new scope are you using?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N7TPSP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I could have gotten by with a cheaper one I'm sure, but I figured if I enjoyed it that I would probably upgrade anyway. I don't think the trinocular head was needed, but I do have a dslr that I might figure out how to attach. The mechanical stage is nice, but I think you can purchase attachments to upgrade non mechanical ones. I'm a complete noob with all of this, so keep that in mind. If it weren't for the stimulus check I probably would not have purchased this one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved a plant from the Co-Op today after it spent about two weeks in the mail. I decided to take a qiuck look at what was in the water squeezed from the rock wool.

64x and 160x with 3x zoom on the camera 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hatched brine shrimp for the first time about two weeks ago. I tried straining them straight from the hatchery with a reusable coffee filter over a jar and then rinsed them over another jar to dump them into freshwater for feeding. I've since changed my method, but I left the saltwater with a few of the hatchlings that somehow made it through the filter. I remembered it earlier when cleaning around the kitchen and noticed that the babies are not babies anymore. So I decided to take a look up close.

• Like 5

On 1/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, Aubrey said:

Well I just got my real microscope, so here is a picture of a stentor and Vorticella on some java moss. There will be a video soon. I'll probably be blowing one of these threads over the weekend.

Congrats on the (sort of) new toy! These photos are amazing @Hobbitand @Aubrey. Thanks for sharing them! 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The round head grabby fellow from first post is probably an oligochaet worm, in another shot the setae - bristles - show clearly. This, or a very similar species, is one of the two oligochaets I have found in my tank 🙂 they are in the sand as well as on plants, also seen on the glass.

• 4 weeks later...