longfin super reds

So I ordered 6 longfin super reds from a breeder and he gave me 2 lines. So I put a divider in the tank and had them on each side and i suppose you can assume what happened but there are 2 little ones that go back and forth lol. My thought process on it was to keep them apart till of age then choose a male/female from each side and breed healthier fish but what i noticed a lot of people order pairs of fish that are from the same spawn. With that being said do i just remove the divider and not worry about it or still try to keep them seperated. I am very new to all this so let me know if im completely wrong etc any advice would be fantastic. 

I still know the 2 biggest ones are the other line so i still have a good idea maybe ill just let the 2 little ones wonder but the big ones cant and i know they are part of the other line so i guess we will wait and see. But I guess my main question is im a little unfamiliar with breeding as a whole when it comes to buying pairs from a spawn. Do people typically breed siblings? I am aware of line breeding etc but when you get the fish you want and you sell the offspring do people pair out the siblings? Or try to find the same type of fish from another seller and then breed those together? 

In a perfect world, you would choose fish with different genetic lines, but it's nearly impossible to know which ones are different. Two identical-looking fish in the same tank could be from opposite parts of the world and not remotely close genetically. Likewise, two fish ordered from retailers half the world apart may have nearly identical genetic lines having come from the same wholesaler/breeder. You're trusting your breeder when he says the lines are different and he could be telling you the truth, or maybe not. And one line may be dramatically weaker genetically and you'd be inserting those weaker genes into the stronger line. With a six-fish pool, I'd let the fish pick their mate and see what happens. If the fry are inadequate in whatever form, break up that pair and try with another. In general, plecos are pretty resilient fish. I haven't heard of many genetic issues with them from inbreeding. If you start to notice deformities or weaknesses, you can break up the pair and repair them with another pair to see what happens.

• Like 2