Any fluorescent paint recommendations?

ange

I know how strange this sounds since many (including me!) prefer the natural look however I've taken on the challenge of creating the ultimate glo aquarium for under $100. I was thinking about using the Krylon fluorescent spray paint and wanted to double check that there wasn't a better option for fluorescent paint! I'm also very interested in hearing suggestions for a matte sealant as I typically use Krylon Crystal Clear but don't think it would be appropriate for some of the neon stone features that I wanted to make.

The inhabitant is a GFP axolotl whose tank is on a chiller kept at 66F/19C just in case that matters. I can't think of any paints that are safe for fish without being safe for amphibians but want to run on the safe side.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:04 PM, ange said:

I know how strange this sounds since many (including me!) prefer the natural look however I've taken on the challenge of creating the ultimate glo aquarium for under $100. I was thinking about using the Krylon fluorescent spray paint and wanted to double check that there wasn't a better option for fluorescent paint! I'm also very interested in hearing suggestions for a matte sealant as I typically use Krylon Crystal Clear but don't think it would be appropriate for some of the neon stone features that I wanted to make.

The inhabitant is a GFP axolotl whose tank is on a chiller kept at 66F/19C just in case that matters. I can't think of any paints that are safe for fish without being safe for amphibians but want to run on the safe side.

You could get a piece of cardboard and paint it using any flourescent paint and then hang it on the back of the aquarium so it wont be in contact with water.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:59 AM, Guppysnail said:

We’re you able to find one?

I will be sticking with Krylon for now because it's my old faithful! Today I did some tests heat molding some plastic to create structure for some hides. This will be a multi-month project and I will try to post updates as things happen.

• Like 1