CO2 question

I'm new to Co2.  I have a 90 gallon, so it's 24" high, with 2 HOB Tidals, so plenty of surface agitation.  Does it matter how low the diffuser goes in the tank?  Is there a diffuser that you'd recommend?  Any other pointers or tips you can help for a new CO2 guy?

On 4/29/2024 at 1:26 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

On a tank this size, you’re going to want a reactor.

Nice thing about reactors is that you don't get 'sprite water'. Downside of them is that you'll need a small pump to run water through them as CO2 is fed into the reactor.

I ran one of these in my sump on a 125 for a while --> https://www.sera.de/us/product/freshwater-aquarium/sera-flore-co2-active-reactor-500--1000/

There are a lot of DIY reactor videos out there as well.

I believe it is better to have it as low in the tank as possible.  This is to maximize the distribution of the fine CO2 bubbles and minimize their climb to the surface. I would simply measure your levels and then consider adjusting to a larger diffuser. The best scenario would be inline diffusion if you ran a canister filter instead of the HOB tidals. 

On 4/30/2024 at 7:31 PM, Tropical Fish Gallery said:

I believe it is better to have it as low in the tank as possible.  This is to maximize the distribution of the fine CO2 bubbles and minimize their climb to the surface. I would simply measure your levels and then consider adjusting to a larger diffuser. The best scenario would be inline diffusion if you ran a canister filter instead of the HOB tidals. 

Yep. Cory always mentions to put the diffuser as low as possible in your aquarium, for this reason.