55g has been established for a year

sponge filter no carbon 

added a few new GBRs last week now have ich and some white patches 

everyone is happy, swimming, and eating 

temp is 82-84

A 0 Ni 0 Na <10 steady 

did 80% change last night and dosed Ich x, EM, and GC as directed 

add Tea Tree and Lavender EO with each water change - have done for a year 

this is where I have a question. Ich says change 1/3 water before each dose, due tonight. EM and GC are add after 24 / 48 hours without water change. If i change water tonight per ich x how much am i limiting the abx also working?

anyone skip water change with second dose of ich? Either way, I can't "follow the directions"

Thanks all!

Edited by MEWaters

• Administrators

You would dose ich x and EM each day. And do a water change each day before. Also I wouldn't be doing a 3rd med currently as you'l be changing water so much it wont be cost effective to treat for tapeworms. Also lots of medication will be going into these fish with all the water changes, and I like to reduce the amount of different meds going in when I can.

Thanks for the reply, Cory

I am on second box of EM, second and final dose this evening 

I had dosed GC last night but not this evening 

I did a 20g change and added Ich x and EM with tea tree and lavender 

no one seems to have had an issue with meds so far 

will cont with daiy ich therapy til gone then i will do GC. I have some prazi pro I will plan to use as the follow up as I only have one more dose of GC left

Edited by MEWaters

if all there is ich, i wouldn't use eruothormycin or general cure. I treated ich and this how I did it

-1st day dosing meds

-2nd day dosing meds

-3rd day, waterchange then dosing meds

-4th day, dosing more meds

-5th day, signs of ich is gone, 33% waterchange, one last dosing of meds

-6th day, waterchange

13 hours ago, James Black said:

if all there is ich, i wouldn't use eruothormycin or general cure. I treated ich and this how I did it

-1st day dosing meds

-2nd day dosing meds

-3rd day, waterchange then dosing meds

-4th day, dosing more meds

-5th day, signs of ich is gone, 33% waterchange, one last dosing of meds

-6th day, waterchange

Ich x says daily WC and dose so that is what I will cont doing. 

EM is for secondary infection - I thinks primary and ich is secondary but regardless received full course of trx. Cotton growths on newest ram are gone at this time. 

Ich is significantly reducing. Tonight will be dose three and will be doing 1/3 water change before that. Will cont this with extra day of dosing after no further signs of active ich. 

GC will be after all other treatments. Hoping no new secondary fungal / bacterial infections after ich x  

• Like 1

pics for substance 

Black ram came with small ulcer to left side, improving, but you can see a white patch behind it - relatively unchanged, and does not seem to be growing colonies from body

male without white patches growing off gill now - you can see his red and has some skin that needs to grow back

ich spots are scattered and mostly non visible at this point 

female GBR and Rex the chocolate have been unaffected by everything - no ich, no white growths while everyone else was affected 

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-6.jpg

Edited by MEWaters

update 

ich x trx complete; 6 day course, almost at 48 hours with no lesions 

completed EM dosing last night, will be due for water change tonight 

New white patches to the large chocolate this am

new tail fin splitting to a german blue male

had 1 established female ram in tank before adding 3 more 13 days ago. 

dark female still has white  patch noted above in photos and visible ulcer lesion still

where do i go next? everyone is still happy as a clam 

water change and watch for a bit with frequent water changes and see if it clears?

have not had an ammonia spike or numbers indicating BB crash with abx use 

nitrates <10 Ni 0 A 0 Ph 7.4 

water is soft to mild 

• Administrators

What is your pH? you say your water is soft. You've got fish in there that want very hard water and some that want very soft water. You've got high pH fish and low pH fish. You're gonna need to strike just the right bargain to make them all happy especially with disease in there.

chocolate has been in there 8 months 

keyhole 8 months 

convicts 6 months 

only change in water parameters since established a year ago is recent temp increase when i added the female ram

since temp increase, chocolate had become much more active 

no fish in tank is acting stressed, sick, off, breathing hard, swimming off, reduced appetite 

seems to have been relatively short lived

Growths on Rex barely visible when I got home from work earlier. Now they are gone

Fins have healed 50% since last post

I withheld last nights water change as parameters were OK. Let meds sit another day 

Partial change tonight, fingers crossed 

Hi, I have been treating what I believe to be fin rot for several weeks. I started with AQ salt treatment and each week upped the dosage to 2tsp/gal for the last week. I did 100% water changes daily. Nothing helped. I then order the trio of meds from you. Set up an even larger tank (betta is in a 5 gal home) so the largest thing I had was a large 8 gal plastic bin. I set up a sponge filter and 8 gal of dechlorinated water.  Heat is between 78-80*F. I added all 3 meds (proper dosing since it’s not a full 10 gal). It’s been day 4 and it has t gotten better. He’s more active but his fins are getting worse. He has a few pink tips that went away and I see them coming back. 
Did I do something wrong?  I am planning on leaving this tank for a week. I fed him two pellets after day 3 but don’t plan feeding him until the week is up. 
If nothing is better at the end of the week, should I repeat the process with all three meds again?