Pogostemon Stellaris Octopus

Maureen

1 minute ago, Ken Dyer said:

What a pretty flower! I wonder if it needs to be emmersed growth to flower. Now I may have to give it a try 🙂 

Is native to western Australia and is found as described -  'Aquatic or semi-aquatic herb, 0.3-0.6 m high. Fl. pink/pink-purple, May to Oct. Wet muddy soils, sandy clay, sand. River beds, often in fast-flowing water, billabongs, swamps.'

I like the word billabong - my goal this week is to use it correctly  in a post on this forum.

• Like 2

1200px-Berrinba_Wetlands_billabong.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

A billabong (/ˈbɪləbɒŋ/ BIL-ə-bong) is an Australian term for an oxbow lake, an isolated pond left behind after a river changes course.[1] Billabongs are usually formed when the path of a creek or river changes, leaving the former branch with a dead end. As a result of the arid Australian climate in which these "dead rivers" are often found, billabongs fill with water seasonally but can be dry for a greater part of the year.[2]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ken Dyer said:

Not that I have seen, but it does grow from the top so the buds just may be the new growth. If it does flower take pictures though, I'd love to see it 🙂

I see new leaves from the nodes...this is from the top.

16059916730468780372068421575799.jpg

• Like 1