In anyone's exp. does coop brine shrimp salt function the same as aquarium salt?

Yes... I have used the brine shrimp salt in replacement for aquarium salt

However, take this tip with a pinch of salt (pun fully intended)

Marine salt is full of minerals and will raise water hardness. When i was doing this I was treating platies who prefer more water hardness, thus it was not a problem. But I would not recommend this method for fish that prefer water on the softer side.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 5:06 PM, a date with nature said:

how much R.O. water should i dose to counter that? do you know how much it raises it roughly?

Im honestly not sure the answer to either of these questions, it was a few months ago and i was not particularly testing for change in hardness.

I think hatching bbs is super duper easy. I don't pay attention to what I even add to hatch it. NEver followed an exact ratio, always a success.

Sometimes I add some water from my premade reef salted water (RODI 0 tds + reef salt mix). I mostly use just tap water and aquarium salt. I even hatch it at around 20-22 degrees C. My tap alread reads 370ish tds before adding salt. IT has no gh as it goes through water softener.I tried adding some gh+ and minerals. I personally haven't seen any noticable difference between different attempts. I saw some people even adding 2x the amount of same aquarium salt for the same water ratio. I have both hydrometer and refractometer for my saltwater tank, but I have never even tried to check salinity for the artemia water I prepare.

I would say, don't worry too much about it and just give it a try and see how it goes for you.

Edited by Lennie