Shrimp and Snail safe parasite treatment

Hey all, it looks like one or more of my Danio’s are flicking and rubbing against gravel. So im assuming parasites, however ive got shrimp and snails in the tank so i was wondering if anyone knows of any treatment thats shrimp and snail safe?

I personally would look for more symptoms other than just a few occasions of rubbing against gravel, aka, flashing. I have many fish do that occasionally. These guys don't have hands. What if they just want to stratch themselves. 😆

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:39 AM, Lennie said:

I personally would look for more symptoms other than just a few occasions of rubbing against gravel, aka, flashing. I have many fish do that occasionally. These guys don't have hands. What if they just want to stratch themselves. 😆

I agree. I forget where I heard the advice, but I remember hearing someone say of flashing to think of if as a human scratching: if you saw someone scratching themselves, you wouldn't think twice, but if you saw them scratching themselves all day long, you'd start to think maybe they have a rash or something. Once-in-a-while flashing may just be an itch!

• Like 1