Dosing salt - planted tank

Jeff

Cory mentioned this on the Facebook group. 

I still have the Fritz salt that the Co-Op used to sell, as I haven't run out yet.  Would this work, or do I need their new Easy Brine Shrimp Salt to do this? 

IMG_3725.jpeg.22fbc7d49e541bcdea51a366e160cf8e.jpeg

Edited by Jeff
  • Thanks 1

Fritz salt is just salt. Marine salt, or the ACO brine shrimp salt has salt as well as other additional minerals. 

Personally, I wouldn’t use straight salt. I don’t think you’re going to get the benefits you’re looking for from only salt. 

• Like 1

I always hatch my artemia with basic aquarium salt and tap water. No issues. My tap water has high tds around 300s but due to water softener, no gh. Still no issues. Ph 7.5, kh around 15-20 dkh

I use magnetic eggs tho. So any unhatched eggs or leftovers stick to the magnet, and I just collect pure orange juice. So no salt is introduced to any tanks

Edited by Lennie

Personally never really understood this salt itself is just empty tds if you want minerals added minerals stuff like all for reef is basically just kh gh and trace elements without the salt or stuff like flourish again just trace elements so I don’t know 

as for what salt to add regular aquarium salt is just salt you’ll need something with trace elements the packaging should say if it has stuff other than salt in it

• Like 2