Anubias problem. Rot?

Mic

My plants were delivered a week ago and put in this 29 gallon tank that I set up a couple weeks before. 2 anubias nana out of 6 have a strange fuzz/fungas(?) growing on the rhizome and are losing leaves.
     One is superglued to driftwood, the other wedged between 2 rocks. Has anyone dealt with this before?

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

I also had this with my Anubias. But I was growing them out of water. I don’t know what’s wrong with yours. With my problem, they didn’t seem affected by this.

I didn’t have a photo of mine at the time, but mine recovered and grew new roots recently.

IMG_0665.jpeg

Sorry for the upside down photo, my browser is not cooperating with me.

On 3/13/2024 at 9:24 PM, Max W. said:

I also had this with my Anubias. But I was growing them out of water. I don’t know what’s wrong with yours. With my problem, they didn’t seem affected by this.

I didn’t have a photo of mine at the time, but mine recovered and grew new roots recently.

IMG_0665.jpeg

Thanks, this is new for me, so anything I can’t easily google concerns me. 😆 

On 3/13/2024 at 9:24 PM, Max W. said:

IMG_0665.jpeg

if you resize your pictures, even a tiny amount it will show right side up. or so ive been told.

On 3/13/2024 at 9:58 PM, Mic said:

My plants were delivered a week ago and put in this 29 gallon tank that I set up a couple weeks before. 2 anubias nana out of 6 have a strange fuzz/fungas(?) growing on the rhizome and are losing leaves.
     One is superglued to driftwood, the other wedged between 2 rocks. Has anyone dealt with this before?

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

Where was the glue applied on the roots or rhizome of the 2 affected plants?

On 3/13/2024 at 8:58 PM, Mic said:

2 anubias nana out of 6 have a strange fuzz/fungas(?) growing on the rhizome and are losing leaves.

To my eyes, the rhizome appears to have only a bottom half.  It looks like something happened to the top half.  This is aside the fact that it's growing the weird white stuff.  🤔

@nabokovfan87  What do you think about my comment?  Did the top half rot off before this white stuff started.  It's a mystery to me.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:56 PM, Flipper said:

To my eyes, the rhizome appears to have only a bottom half.  It looks like something happened to the top half.  This is aside the fact that it's growing the weird white stuff.  🤔

@nabokovfan87  What do you think about my comment?  Did the top half rot off before this white stuff started.  It's a mystery to me.

I'm not sure.  The rhizome looks like it's there.  I see some light brown spots on the left (very old) end of the anubias which is pretty typical.  I do see some mix amongst whatever this fungus stuff is.  Basically, if I had to guess, something caused this fungus to appear and it attacked/fed off the rhizome, which then caused it to decay or start to rot.  I see BBA a lot attack specific parts of the plant, weaken it, then progress to other parts.

• Thanks 1