Med Blower LA-45C air loop system help

Fishmonger_X

I'm about to reach that point where a blower would be much better than a billion air pumps hooked up to all of my tanks but I don't really know how this works. What is an air loop system and how do barb fittings work?  It's suggested that 'You'll need to purchase a barb fitting 3/4 barb to the size of pvc you'll be connecting to" but I'm not sure what that even means. My fish room is in my living room so I'm not going to hook up any watering system but the air system would be great.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A blower is relatively noisy compared to a single linear piston pump

My dad objected to an air pump set up in the basement below the master bedroom, so the first day I had it, I never told him about it. He didn't even know it was in the house until I showed it to him.

For me, the only nose from the air pump is from the excess air vent. I have a gate valve for more specific control of how much air is released, and following that valve I have the pvc bend several times with elbows to break up the path of the sound. I also capped off the end of the pipe and drilled small holes (repurposed a water change intake) to muffle the noise even further. 

Even though the valve is built into my rack system, the sound of bubbles at the surface is still far louder than any sound the pump makes!

If you are meaning a linear piston pump you will need to make your air loop out of PVC, use either 3/4" or 1". You will need the valves that are then put into the PVC that control air flow to the outlets for tanks. As for the connection between pump and PVC, the pump will come with a piece of rubber, you will need a barb fitting that will go into that, I'm not sure if they are all the same size, mine was 3/4". I would recommend running a piece of flexible vinyl tubing between that and your PVC loop to help dampen any vibration noise. If you go to the co-op's YouTube channel he has a couple videos on hooking up a pump to an air loop.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:45 AM, Guppy Guru said:

I run my whole fish room on 2 linear pumps, 1 pump runs 37 tanks (440 gallons total) and the other is running 15 (20 highs) all with coop sponges or ziss bios. They are almost silent and I love them so so so so much! 

Hopefully this string will give you some good tips!

What pump is it you are running to get 37 tanks if you don’t mind me asking.  And do you have a release valve?

regards Duzzy🇦🇺