Spray Cleaner question

knee

Is there a disinfectant spray that’s safe to use around tanks? I like to do some general cleaning at least once a month and was wondering if there’s a spray to clean the floor.

I can also use a bucket and mop to be safer but just wanted to check. Sometimes my roommate cleans too and he doesn’t like using a bucket. He just wants to spray the floor and then mop. 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:12 PM, Guppysnail said:

This may not be ideal for wooden floors though. 

Our floor is actually this weird material that’s probably not weird and I just don’t know what it’s called. Some parts have been damaged by water but we’ve been able to prevent that. 

This is what it looks like with the damage. We have a few small spots but nothing too noticeable. IMG_0881.jpeg.507e4d0bf9b2b7816cd141ff75e93049.jpeg

Would the hydrogen peroxide still be safe to use for this type of floor?

I have the hydrogen peroxide but not in a spray bottle. Can I just use that and put some in a spray bottle?

On 2/24/2024 at 3:46 PM, knee said:

have the hydrogen peroxide but not in a spray bottle. Can I just use that and put some in a spray bottle?

Yes that looks like pressed particle board with veneer on if some type. Try a small unnoticeable spot to see if it discolors it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 12:48 PM, Guppysnail said:

Yes that looks like pressed particle board with veneer on if some type. Try a small unnoticeable spot to see if it discolors it. 

Alright! Gonna try that and do some cleaning today. Thank you so much 🫡