Stocking levels for 29 gallon

Rasbi

On 2/22/2024 at 7:04 PM, Rasbi said:

Ya, just called two of my locals stores and they do not have them but they recommended to me instead of the furcata rainbows to do a clown(rocket) killifish. They are pretty similar in size and are tolerate of water from 68-74 f. Which should work with the white clouds, corries, and shrimp. 

I would highly recommend searching for what you like based on the recommendations you get.  I personally found clown killis absolutely boring to keep even though they look cool in online videos/pictures. 

Also they are crazy jumpers, I found some in my HOB even when I had a lid. Be careful. 
Fishbase mentions the temperature between 23-25C. I personally check fishbase and sometimes seriouslyfish for the fish info

On 2/22/2024 at 11:19 AM, Lennie said:

I would highly recommend searching for what you like based on the recommendations you get.  I personally found clown killis absolutely boring to keep even though they look cool in online videos/pictures. 

Also they are crazy jumpers, I found some in my HOB even when I had a lid. Be careful. 
Fishbase mentions the temperature between 23-25C. I personally check fishbase and sometimes seriouslyfish for the fish info

Could I ask you why you think they were boring? did they hide a lot? did they chill at the top?

On 2/22/2024 at 7:29 PM, Rasbi said:

Could I ask you why you think they were boring? did they hide a lot? did they chill at the top?

Cause he has no taste 🙂 Clown killifish are awesome, but maybe in a species only tank or with small fish (tried with indostomus, now dario, both times ok, I guess least rasboras and others like chilli will work), they dont like flow, light, space,.. 🙂 but they are FUN

image.jpeg.31405e496bb34a1f2782d36d7a8f71a4.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:29 PM, Rasbi said:

A fish looking pretty is not enough for me to enjoy keeping it personally. Clown killis were tiny fish that existed in a nano tank for me. Nothing more. I haven't observed anything interesting between the males like sparkling gouramis or pseudomugils have or any interesting courting behavior. They scatter eggs do no parenting or worth seeing mating part either. Again, that's my opinion.

I love fish when they are like puppies. Puffers and goldfish can be an example. They get excited to see you, follow you around and stuff. 

The next type I like is, when they are interesting to watch and observe. Like the rituals of pairing up, laying, guarding, courting, raising the fry, the relationship between the fish and the sign language they use, the changes in their colorations based on the occasion, etc. Also fish's behavior like sparkling gouramis or pesudomugils behavior or between the males sparring and stuff... Exciting.

The sparring at the beginning:

So yea, it is totally a personal thing. I am more interested in the behavior and character and experiencing natural world of the species rather than a clown killi looking good and doing nothing to interest "me". 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:10 PM, beastie said:

Cause he has no taste 🙂

BOO! 😆🤗

• Like 1