"green fungus" in neocardina

cmo1922

Hello! What are folks thoughts on the "green fungus" that can affect neocardina (which appears to be Ellobiopsidae and Cladogonium Ogishimae)? I have kept neocardina for years and have hundreds of them. I just found out about this condition yesterday! Looking at the pictures online of affected shrimp, I certainly have seen a few shrimp now and again over the years that appear to have this condition (and I always just thought they had retained egg casing after their babies were born.) I never have noticed any dead ones with the condition either (though I rarely see dead ones because they get swarmed so quickly!).

Thoughts on morbidity/mortality, need for treatment/culling, etc? I'm just gonna keep practicing benign neglect unless there is a good reason not to!

Thank you @Guppysnail! I need to read up on this more. I haven't seen a shrimp looking like they have the green fungus in a while (maybe one or 2 shrimp in the last 3 or 4 months, with a similar frequency since I started my current colony in summer 2021). My colony is split in 2 separate tanks and thriving in both...I had at one time (July 2022) treated one of the tanks with Ich X, which could have helped perhaps, but im sure ive seen a couple since then...I wonder if there is varying susceptibility among populations of neocardina davidii? Or another factor at play that causes shrimp to be susceptible? 

• Like 1