Deformed Guppy tankmates...

I have a deformed guppy fry. This is my first batch, and it is a small one too, so I dont want to cull him. What are some good fish tankmates? I dont want him with female guppies because I dont want him adding his genes, and males might bully him, so I was planning to set him up in a 5 gal. with shrimp and snails. Are there any good fish mates that could cohabitate with him? I would be willing to upgrade to a ten gal. for a tank mate.

I have a couple tanks set up for guppy breeding, and I haven't had any issues with male aggression toward other males. I think you would be ok with keeping it with other guppy males, but if you are set on trying something else, maybe something like neon tetra would work in a small tank. 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:05 PM, Snackbacon said:

I have a couple tanks set up for guppy breeding, and I haven't had any issues with male aggression toward other males. I think you would be ok with keeping it with other guppy males, but if you are set on trying something else, maybe something like neon tetra would work in a small tank. 

Thank you. I guess I dont know if it is male or female, because they are only a little over a month old. I was assuming this one was a male was because he was showing color before most of his siblings. I will put his brothers with him if he is a male, since chances are he is one. If they do bully him, I will take them out. Another reason I want to keep him in a seprate tank is because These are meant to go into a turtle tank. I figured most of them would survive, but I doubt he has much of a chance at all.