Guppy resting/rubbing on bottom.

giantlumberjack

So one of my female guppy is resting on the bottom of the tank, i dont know if shes sick or pregnant but its weird i keep seeing her go back to the same spot over and over.  The spot is a on top of my log decoration. Any ideas? Maybe shes pregnant but i swear she was not near a male for a more than 8 months. Any ideas on what i should do? Will post image later if you guys need some.

40 minutes ago, giantlumberjack said:

So one of my female guppy is resting on the bottom of the tank, i dont know if shes sick or pregnant but its weird i keep seeing her go back to the same spot over and over.  The spot is a on top of my log decoration. Any ideas? Maybe shes pregnant but i swear she was not near a male for a more than 8 months. Any ideas on what i should do? Will post image later if you guys need some.

could you send a image along with your water parameters?

Yeah, my guess is flukes. That would explain the strange behavior. Also guppys have the ability to keep having babies. They can store the sperm and so they are set for life after they breed once. Flukes can be treated with ParaCleanse (on aquarium coop online store) also general cure can work. I always recommend washing your hands after touching tank water, and don't touch tank water if you have a cut on your hand (or whatever is going in the tank) as some fish disease can transfer to humans. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my guppies died. Now i'm wondering if its something specific. When i picked her up she smelled really bad for a fresh looking corps. And by just rubbing her a yellowish organ popped out. So i decided to cut her open to see if anything was unusual inside and the smell seems to have gotten worse.

She was kind of bloated but i thought it was just normal big fish fat. I guess it could have been some kind of weird fish pus all along? You guys ever heard or experienced this?