Glowlight tetras in 8.5 gallon

Michelle

Hi,

I have an 8.5 gallon tank set up for 3 weeks or so now, with plants, and used filter media from another tank with bottled biological starter. We've just added 2 glowlight tetras. 

I was thinking 5 glowlight tetras and a female betta. Would that be over stocking or a good idea for someone willing to do consistent water changes?

Also how would you recommend adding fish following these 2 glowlight tetras (little by little or 3 to 4 next week or so?). We can stick to an only glowlight tetra tank, (if so how many??) but my son would love to see 2 species in there so wondering if possible. Any suggestion is welcomed!

126049658_651067168911447_6494924721906795028_n.jpg

I’m thinking you could do 10 glow lights and a betta and you would be safe. As long as there are live plants, a good filter, and regular weekly water changes, you shouldn’t have a problem. You could put all 10 glow lights in right away, wait a week, and then add the betta. Make sure though the betta is not aggressive towards the glowlights, but I feel that won’t be a problem. Have a plan B just in case. Good luck!

• Like 1

Love the pic. I'm really enjoying the glowlight tetras, but I'm feeling so cautious (especially with a small tank) and now thinking of stocking 5-6 of them as a species only tank to keep things guaranteed peaceful. Thanks for the recommendations, it's given me thoughts that more could work too!