Oceanic 75 gallon aquarium

Adam

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement glass top for an Oceanic 75 gallon aquarium? My son broke one side of the glass canopy on his tank and we can't find a replacement anywhere. We purchased a Versa-top from a lfs and it was the wrong size. I even did a Google search for Oceanic 75 gallon glass top and didn't find anything. Thanks for any help you can provide!

if you measure the dimensions, you could simply cut your own lids out of greenhouse siding - they sell it in sheets at most home depot/lowes/that sort of store. They don't break anywhere near as easy as glass. 

Like you, I've had very little luck ordering lids from my LFS and having them come in the correct size.

6 hours ago, Nataku said:

if you measure the dimensions, you could simply cut your own lids out of greenhouse siding - they sell it in sheets at most home depot/lowes/that sort of store. They don't break anywhere near as easy as glass. 

Like you, I've had very little luck ordering lids from my LFS and having them come in the correct size.

I’ll try that. Thank you for the tip. 

13 hours ago, Nataku said:

Or if you want glass, you can take the measurements to a local glass shop or hardware store and have them cut some glass to fit, just ask them to sand the edges for you.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 4:52 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

Or if you want glass, you can take the measurements to a local glass shop or hardware store and have them cut some glass to fit, just ask them to sand the edges for you.

That's exactly what I did.  Thank you so much for the advice!

• Like 1