Reduced Occupancy in Our Retail Store

• Administrators

With the new restrictions  in place, the maximum occupancy of our Retail store is 12 including employees. We are still limiting entry to 1 party of of up to 2 people per employee working. The employee will be actively working with you to get your items and check out in a timely manor. Masks are still required.

We have implemented a restaurant  pager system for customers who are waiting to get in. When you arrive please knock on the door and receive your pager. Then return to your car where you can wait out of the elements and away from other waiting customers. We will try to give an estimate of a waiting time while picking up the pager. We ask that when it's your time to please have a list of items you'd like to purchase that day to limit the amount of time spent in store. This ensures the shortest wait time possible for all customers. 

We have expanded our hours on weekends to 10am to 7pm to help spread customers out, we are also asking people shop in the retail store during the week as it's half as busy as Saturday and Sunday. Please try and limit time spent in store to 15 minutes. 

If you won't be buying fish at the retail store, please consider ordering what you need online to be shipped quickly to your home. Typically this is a 24  hour delivery.

Thank you for everyone's patience while we try and keep everyone healthy during this winter season. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, KBOzzie59 said:

Thanks for the update!

@Cory

Any chance of "will call" for large orders?  82 items in my cart right now.

Currently not all items on the website are at the store. 99% are. Also stock levels are different. if you wanted 2 linear air piston pumps for instance, We have 50+ in stock at the warehouse but 1 at the store at this moment. So unfortunately we don't have a local pick up option yet. It is on our list to figure out how to do long term. However in the short term we need to figure out some logistics to make it feasible. 

Thanks Cory! I was surprised by the restaurant-style pager system when I went to the store a few weeks back, I'm constantly amazed at how you are thinking outside of the box to treat customers and employees well during this pandemic :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cory said:

Currently not all items on the website are at the store. 99% are. Also stock levels are different. if you wanted 2 linear air piston pumps for instance, We have 50+ in stock at the warehouse but 1 at the store at this moment. So unfortunately we don't have a local pick up option yet. It is on our list to figure out how to do long term. However in the short term we need to figure out some logistics to make it feasible. 

A related feature that would be nice is the ability to see the retail in-stock status when browsing the website. There have been a few times when I needed something particular and popped over to the store only to find it out of stock. It's not a big deal, but it's definitely handy when you can see that availability ahead of time to save the trip 🙂

49 minutes ago, Odd Alan said:

I've frequently browsed the retail site... the out of stock items are greyed out and labeled "Out of Stock".

-alan

I'm pretty sure the "out of stock" indicator on the website is only for the available stock in the warehouse for web orders, not the available stock of the retail store. I've definitely run into situations at the retail store where the item i needed was not in stock at the store, and it was available on the website for ordering. I'd assume that means the website is only tied to the warehouse inventory, not the store inventory?

• Administrators

The two inventories are independant. Essentially it doesn't make sense for a business of our size to have up to the date inventory. I am looking for ways we could implement this, but it's a massive project and likely to take a long time to implement. 

Thanks, Cory, for doing all this to keep your employees and customers as safe as possible in these trying, dangerous times.  I was going to come in to the store tomorrow to pick up some items and get some questions answered, but after reading your post I’ve decided a better choice - though without the fun factor - is to order online and use this great forum and your articles and vids to get my answers. 

Stay safe and thanks again!

Jane McGrath

• Like 2