Medium to Large Decor

hinkleda

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find medium to large decor? I have a 35 gallon bow front tank. Everything I find looks cheap (Petco and/or Petsmart) or is to small. I noticed on Aquarium Co-Ops YouTube video "The BEST idea for you 35 gallon fish tank", there is two volcanos in the fish tank behind him.Does anyone know if this is made or bought? If so, where can I buy them?

10 minutes ago, hinkleda said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find medium to large decor? I have a 35 gallon bow front tank. Everything I find looks cheap (Petco and/or Petsmart) or is to small. I noticed on Aquarium Co-Ops YouTube video "The BEST idea for you 35 gallon fish tank", there is two volcanos in the fish tank behind him.Does anyone know if this is made or bought? If so, where can I buy them?

He got those from universal rocks, its probably too big for a 35 gallon and Its very expensive! 

Have you gone to your Local Fish Store for decor? Also you could get rocks/ wood from a lake or stream near by just bleach and boil them making sure they have no pests/ parasites on them. Also you could check Amazon or Ebay.

@hinkleda What Cory has behind him are tree trunks. He put the air stone inside them to crate water flow such that the water would not be stale inside them. Universal rock specializes in hardscape for bigger tanks. The one behind Cory in that video is an 800g.

I'm not sure what style of tank you are going for but there are several choices out there. There are a variety of 3D backgrounds, some thick, some thin.

There are many ways to 'aquascape' your tank, some simple, some hard core. Many of the larger scale hardscapes are built up from smaller pieces of wood and stone.

I have a 37 gal tank which I put in several pieces of dragon stone and some drift wood and is heavily planted.

Take advantage of this time and come up with a theme and have fun with it!