Lighting, thinking of upgrading

Ruud

Hello, 

Not sure this is the right spot for this topic, but its plant related. 

I currently have a Nicrew classic  led on top of my planted tank and in the past been struggling with not so great plant growth and brown algae. This is a 100L, 80cm tank with substrate. The light I have is not an RGB light so it doesn't have the red leds which I know are better for plants. 

I am casually looking at a new light, thinking I can repurpose this light for my new to be setup L numbers tank (they don't want much light anyway) .... I am not ready to splurge on a Fluval 3.0 or a Chihiros unless the benefits massively outweigh a budget solution.

I am in Europe, so limited to that a bit (can't order the Coop lights) ... is there any advice? I have been casually looking at the Hygger 26w HG-999 which costs around 65 euro here in Spain, though the programming with the display seems a bit complex. 

I would love to hear suggestions! 

Thank you

Ruud 

On 10/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, Pepere said:

Locally the ALC 30 inch costs $99.00 us.  In between the hyggers and the Fluvals.

I had Fluvals and while I really like the ap control of them the color rendering is seriosly lacking compared to the Finnex lights.

Wow.... they are listed here for 183 euro (equal to $191). Think I am going to do a bit more research for Hyggers and Nicer alternatives for under 100 euro