20 gallon luminatis tank

Ben P.

I'm putting together a 20 long and it will have approximately 12 pseudomugil luminatis and blue dream shrimp.  I'm using a matten filter with a 80 gph power head instead of an airlift.  The outflow is pointing upwards.  Using river rocks as the substrate.  Probably not overly planted, but I am going to put a pretty good size piece of driftwood in the center with a couple java fern.  My questions are this, I've never used a matten filter before, always canister or sponge filter, are there any problems with them I should be looking for?  How much shrimp predation should I be expecting? Should I consider adding Indian almond leaves? Any other issues you see?  

Sadly I cant advise on the filter, I have never used it and I keep mine with a sponge one. Aim more for a fully planted tank, or mostly covered surface. They feel safer if they can hide and if you use too bright light you will miss out on the neon stripes and the eye. I keep them in almost darkness and they shine so brightly for me. I would also I would do way more, at least 15. If you buy mature, for me 1:1 ratio works and I have 10 of them. Constant sparing, fin flashing. Fun to watch

TBH I have been cramming more and more surface plants in there, because I have fry I have been observing on the surface and I dont want to loose it