Help ID'ing Mystery Fry?

wendypizza

The essentials, because it's late and I am so, so tired.

• Set up a 36g, added 2 juvenile goldfish (lionchu and oranda) in on October 1
  • Set up a 12g in early November(? probably November 1), intending to keep and breed rice fish, when I can afford some. Added the plants the goldies were tearing up around then. I'd intended to get a good light, but then life happened and the tank went more or less ignored until today. I was planning to ride out the ammonia spike from the substrate and have a little fishless cycle.
  • A few days ago, I added an onion plant from my aunty's tank into the 12g, because it was too tall for her aquariums. She is breeding guppies for her outside ponds, but I'm 90% sure the onion plant came from a 10g with no fish.
  • This evening, I noticed at least four fry swimming around the 12g. One isn't doing well; it's floating in the current of the sponge filter, but the other three-ish seem healthy.
  • Ultimately I'd like to know if these guys are guppies or goldfish (I'm thinking goldfish? Maybe??). And if they are goldfish, is a lionchu/oranda even...healthy? Viable?

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.36.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.36.47 PM.png

5 hours ago, wendypizza said:

The essentials, because it's late and I am so, so tired.

• Set up a 36g, added 2 juvenile goldfish (lionchu and oranda) in on October 1
  • Set up a 12g in early November(? probably November 1), intending to keep and breed rice fish, when I can afford some. Added the plants the goldies were tearing up around then. I'd intended to get a good light, but then life happened and the tank went more or less ignored until today. I was planning to ride out the ammonia spike from the substrate and have a little fishless cycle.
  • A few days ago, I added an onion plant from my aunty's tank into the 12g, because it was too tall for her aquariums. She is breeding guppies for her outside ponds, but I'm 90% sure the onion plant came from a 10g with no fish.
  • This evening, I noticed at least four fry swimming around the 12g. One isn't doing well; it's floating in the current of the sponge filter, but the other three-ish seem healthy.
  • Ultimately I'd like to know if these guys are guppies or goldfish (I'm thinking goldfish? Maybe??). And if they are goldfish, is a lionchu/oranda even...healthy? Viable?

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.36.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.36.47 PM.png

they are probably baby guppies because...

-You probably would have noticed if the golfish laying eggs

-It looks like a guppy fry

-and you just added the onion plants to your 12g