tipping tanks?

a date with nature

I'm trying to plan out the setup of my first breeder rack, however it is in a room that is on a slight incline, about 5 degrees, does this matter if the tanks are securely sitting on the shelf? or is there risk of them breaking still? if so how would i fix it short of levelling the room? could i just prop up some of the rack's legs?

@a date with nature Are you planning to build the rack from 2x4 lumber, as is common practice? If so, then leveling the whole system is pretty straight forward and I would recommend going to the trouble to do that. There are a lot of approaches you can take to accomplish this, some of them mentioned by @lefty o above. My question would be... why is the floor not level? Determine if the floor can support the weight of a fish rack. Is the slope likely to change (more shifting or sinking over time)? These things can be overcome, but it might be a good idea to design the rack accordingly. Hope that helps.

My house is 70 years old so floors are not level in any room. Had my 20 gallon on an “unlevel” surface since January. It doesn’t appear to have moved at all. The worst part is the water level at the top shows that it’s not level. But it appears to be a cosmetic, not functional issue. They say old houses are more sturdy because the wood is better…or something like that.