Lighting for aquarium racks

a date with nature

Honestly I just use the most inexpensive light I can find that isn't a total piece of junk.

I've also begun experimenting with making my own lights because even the inexpensive lights aren't cheap if you need a lot of them.  I still have some tweaks to go before sharing that (essentially they are just LED strips I got as a bulk roll online, linked in series and hooked up to a common dimmer and power).

If you only need one or two lights, making your own won't save you much money. But if you need a bunch, it's a good option if you're handy or like a little, easy tinkering.

Edited by tolstoy21

On 9/2/2023 at 2:41 PM, tolstoy21 said:

Honestly I just use the most inexpensive light I can find that isn't a total piece of junk.

I've also begun experimenting with making my own lights because even the inexpensive lights aren't cheap if you need a lot of them.  I still have some tweaks to go before sharing that (essentially they are just LED strips I got as a bulk roll online, linked in series and hooked up to a common dimmer and power).

If you only need one or two lights, making your own won't save you much money. But if you need a bunch, it's a good option if you're handy or like a little, easy tinkering.

Nice Apistos on Aquabid btw! 🙃

• Like 1

I would recommend looking into Barrina grow lights. They can be chained together and are pretty low power consumption while still looking good. They aren't like super great plant grow lights or anything, but they are effective and inexpensive and come in a bunch of different lengths. 

• Like 1