GUPPIES GETTING SKINNY AND NOT EATING

Samuel Raga

Its been a few weeks but here it goes. So I have a 10 gallon with pretty much guppies snails and shrimp, heavily planted btw. I have noticed that one female gave birth, then got really skinny and barely eats, swims little and she looks like she will die any time, then another female gave birth and the same thing happened, not eating almost anything, not swimming a lot, and THEN another one gave birth and same thing, shes starting to get skinny and rejects food, I feed a a variety of foods from xtreme flakes to hikari first bites, frozen blood worms, hikari brine shrimp etc, but they dont eat almost anything and Its so sad it looks like theyre gonna die. I dont know what to do and I have read a lot. I know it could be worms but im not really sure. Parameters are PH 7.2- 7.5 water is hard because I remineralize RO with equilibrium and alkaline buffer nitrates and nitrites 0 ammonnia 0 chlorine 0 so everything looks right... What can I do? It seems to be only the females 😞

I experienced the same situation with my 20 gallon. It starts with the females because they are bearing young, and are weaker than the males or juveniles. I moved all my fish to a 55 gallon, treated with 2 parts of Cory's trio med, but it didn't help. (I didn't use Ick-X, as there was no evidence of that.) I also did 2 rounds of PraziPro and did salt for 3-4 weeks. 

I finally broke down and bought Levamisole. I did the treatment exactly as instructed. I think that's really important! I finally began to see some progress. My fish started eating again. They stopped dying by the double digits every day. Their color came back and they were livelier in the tank. I have still lost a few in the 2.5 months since, but I think those fish were too sick to recover.

Here's where I got the Levamisole:

SELECTAQUATICS.COM

Levamisole medication

I'd suggest you give that a try if you can, as I think the disease your experience is some kind of worm or parasitic infection.

I hope that helps,

Alesha (akconklin)

14 minutes ago, akconklin said:

I experienced the same situation with my 20 gallon. It starts with the females because they are bearing young, and are weaker than the males or juveniles. I moved all my fish to a 55 gallon, treated with 2 parts of Cory's trio med, but it didn't help. (I didn't use Ick-X, as there was no evidence of that.) I also did 2 rounds of PraziPro and did salt for 3-4 weeks. 

I finally broke down and bought Levamisole. I did the treatment exactly as instructed. I think that's really important! I finally began to see some progress. My fish started eating again. They stopped dying by the double digits every day. Their color came back and they were livelier in the tank. I have still lost a few in the 2.5 months since, but I think those fish were too sick to recover.

SELECTAQUATICS.COM

Levamisole medication

I'd suggest you give that a try if you can, as I think the disease your experience is some kind of worm or parasitic infection.

I hope that helps,

Alesha (akconklin)

thank you, I will look into it and probably start moving fish out of the tank to treat them and hopefully it will work. Thank you so much!!!

21 minutes ago, akconklin said:

SELECTAQUATICS.COM

Levamisole medication

I hope that helps,

Alesha (akconklin)

one more thing, do u know if this medication will harm shrimp and snails? because if it doesnt I would like to dose it in my tank without having to move fish to a separate tank since I currently dont have one