Vacuuming with fry in tank

Gayle B

I did just get one, but it is unlikely that I can corral all of them. It is a heavily planted 75 gallon tank.  The plants (plastic) have done a pretty good job of protecting them from the rest of the herd, but I didn’t think this problem through. I will do my best to round them up. Thank you for the suggestion!

Hey @Gayle B, does anybody at your house wear stockings? Knee highs would work too. A trouser sock would probably be too thick, though. 

That's what we use. Use a piece of the stocking material to cover the end of your python, then use a rubber band to secure it. The trick is to stretch the material as tight as you can without ripping it. We just push on the material  the first time we prime it to help the water flow into it faster. 

It doesn't get all of the particulate, but it does a pretty good job. 

Hope the helps, 

Alesha (akconklin)

On 11/11/2020 at 12:02 PM, Daniel said:

If I am concerned about siphoning up small fish, I nestle the business end of the siphon in a fine mesh fish net until I am done siphoning.

I like that idea!

On 11/11/2020 at 12:02 PM, Daniel said:

If I am concerned about siphoning up small fish, I nestle the business end of the siphon in a fine mesh fish net until I am done siphoning.

Great idea!

• Thanks 1