Using API CO2 Booster as Algaecide?

I notice this site suggests Glutaral is an algaecide. When I use API C02 Booster at the recommended dose of 1ml per 10 gal it seems to me it is causing a growth of hair algae. Should I be using a different dose or perhaps not using CO2 booster as an algaecide? 

Thanks for the help!

I've used API CO2 Booster as an algaecide, but I used a pipette to apply it as spot treatment. Just turn off your filter, squirt the algaecide directly on the plant's leaf (approximately 1 ml), wait 5 minutes, and then turn on the filter again. In about 4 days, the algae started changing colors and dying. If the plant doesn't seem adversely affected by the spot treatment, then you can treat a few more leaves each week. (Some plants are highly sensitive to liquid carbon, so might help to do some online research first.)

Edited by Irene
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Irene said:

I've used API CO2 Booster as an algaecide, but I used a pipette to apply it as spot treatment. Just turn off your filter, squirt the algaecide directly on the plant's leaf (approximately 1 ml), wait 5 minutes, and then turn on the filter again. In about 4 days, the algae started changing colors and dying. If the plant doesn't seem adversely affected by the spot treatment, then you can treat a few more leaves each week. (Some plants are highly sensitive to liquid carbon, so might help to do some online research first.)

I just got done watching your video a few days ago about using the pipette to apply spot treatment. It has only been a couple days now with no noticeable difference, but today I am going to do another treatment and cut my lights to being on for only a few hours. Its a balancing act because you don't want to hurt anything else in the tank.