what fish for 26 x 26 x 12 tank ?

KittenFishMom

Well, for most fish that can be kept in that tank size, height won't be an issue.

Except discus breeding tank, all tanks I have in my fishroom currently have 25cm height (aprox. 10'') and I have apistos, rams, so many guppies, endlers, different snail tanks, dwarf crayfish, vampire crabs, bettas, whiptails, BN plecos, corydoras..

You can keep a lot of stuff there in my experience if your concern is only height. I lovee shallow tanks.

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 11:40 PM, KittenFishMom said:

@lennie Thanks, I was afraid everything would feel like the water wasn't deep enough.

^^

As I keep these fish room tanks as breeding project tanks, I only keep one species in each tank. If it was one of my display tanks with that tank size, What I would do is, I would probably wouldn't mix fish that are normally kept in separate layers in a taller tank, as this tank size does not really allow to create height difference between swimming levels. Like a hatchetfish, a tetra school and an apistogramma for example, won't really be utilising different levels they normally would, in a higher tank. So I would personally consider that while stocking and only choose fish that utilise two swimming levels at most, instead of 3.

Btw, maybe you have seen these, but I love these setups and maybe they can inspire you for that tank size:

Edited by Lennie
  • Love 1

On 7/13/2023 at 1:10 AM, KittenFishMom said:

@Lennie How is the cold mist made? That is tank is very facinating to look at.

I am not sure. I personally never used a mist maker before. 

But I def agree that they look great.

Ive found the video where they make this tank in the first place and it is a lil complex. In case you’s like to see it:

At minute 5, they show the cold mist product they use here

And this was how they made the dragon stone tank in detail

• Like 1

You can always add a mesh net to the top of a shallow tank. Lizzie has a ton of great videos about smaller tanks and her aquascapes!

Note: some are on the "More Aquarium Co-Op" channel

I think a Betta is a good choice. As well as very small nano fish.  I would try a few white clouds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1