Easy Carbon and Val.

Hey all,

For those with Val that dose easy carbon or excel, what dosage do you use? I dose 2ml of easy carbon every other day for a medium-high light aquarium (30 gal).

I’ve recently been having a lot of Val melt and I’m trying to determine if it’s lack of nutrients or too much easy carbon. Some of my Val is doing great and some is melting a lot. I’m thinking about dosing 1ml every other day instead of 2ml

Thoughts?

On 7/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

There’s no safe amount of Glut. when it comes to Vals. It stunts them and if continuously used, will kill them eventually.

I’ll have to discontinue use and keep the healthy ones and they should hopefully do fine. Would they return to normal over time? Aka non stunted growth

On 7/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, Pepere said:

The Easy Carbon was not having any effect I could discern.  I gave up on using it and started learning and investing in more effective means of Algae control.

This photo was over the weekend showing val that went through months of daily Easy Carbon.   No new val was purchased…

The Stunting resolved…. I now need to weed val baby plants weekly to keep it to the back of the tank and trim and thin it down so it doesnt overshadow everything else.

What do you use now for algae control? I don’t have the money for a standard CO2 setup at the moment. My worry is that my tank isn’t “balanced” and that algae will grow when I stop using it