C.A.R.E. Forum Anniversary Celebration

Guppysnail

On 7/6/2023 at 4:45 PM, Guppysnail said:

@Odd Duck DK looks so much like my Simba Lou. 

Is Simba Lou a trouble maker like my DK?  Her initials don’t stand for “Darn” Kitty but something very similar just FYI.  She started out as MMM K for Momma Kitty (plain Momma Kitty was too common and plebeian for her) because she was the neighborhood momma before she tamed herself to my hubby (he’s always working in the garage, usually with the door open) so I finally took her in, did her tests, vaccines, and spay.  But her name soon morphed into DK based on her behavior and attitude towards the other cats, the dogs, and the birds.  Her attitude has improved but she’s still loud and sometimes obnoxious. 😂 She’s always in the thick of things and such a tight shadow I have to watch my step constantly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:01 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Better now? 😂

And none of this ever came up when you were having coffee with TeeJay (and friends!)? 😂

Guess I really never thought about it that much. As far as on here lol. 

• Haha 1

Happy anniversary care! I’ll add to this thread! I love this forum because it’s something to look through when I have nothing else to do in school, people give me weird looks though lol. 

this is my dog, piper:

67D22D24-88E8-4595-BF1B-5FEAB5778E83.jpeg.e0637d96b689676745fcf063425c0a0a.jpeg
This is my pride and joy 20 gallon, (this is an old photo, I don’t have the platys anymore but it looks about the same now)

68B5FA10-8033-4C20-97BC-B31D58766633.jpeg.bde5d935794f874f6a0aec641e2918a0.jpegAnd this is me! Don’t really wanna show my face though so this is all your getting 😁E887280F-E3DF-4DD6-8E08-26B9C27E64CD.jpeg.a31688135b00712f1f40b2fce916ddb1.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@xXInkedPhoenixX signing on here. Been some great years hanging out with my fish friends on the forum. I don't know anyone here IRL but I feel like I know a little about some of the regulars. I think we often speak through our tanks. I have too many tanks and and love all of my fish too much to be able to post them all, and they're on my journal anyway. I also have two cats, a Burmese named Quantum and a Singapura named Epic that pepper my life with mischevious antics and irreplaceable companionship. Just like you all! Happy anniversary CARE Forum! 

image000000(405).jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 7

On 7/7/2023 at 10:33 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea that's very sweet of you to say, I've never gotten that one and Labyrinth is one of my all time favorite movies. Intrepid Partner believes me to be Hilary Swank's Doppelganger he sent me this picture he cobbled together once to compare. 

image000000(406).jpg

I see it!

One time I uploaded a picture to a find your celebrity doppelgänger app and it matched me Scully from the x files, lol. I’m not mad. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 7/9/2023 at 4:37 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Are the dogs from the same litter?

No. They're both white German shepherds, but Beau is 9, with the stocky build & course fur of the mostly German bloodlines, & Sadie is 8, with the sleeker build & silky fur of the mostly American bloodlines. They're both AKC/CKC papered because we originally planned to breed them, but when we had them tested to ensure the best health for their litters, he tested positive for hip dysplasia, so we had them fixed.

Let me see if I can find any photos that actually show their differences in appearance. She's on the left in all 3 photos.

20190615_091455.jpg

PXL_20220312_233653652.jpg

PXL_20221204_162641834.jpg

Edited by Tazalanche
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

On 7/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, Tazalanche said:

No. They're both white German shepherds, but Beau is 9, with the stocky build & course fur of the mostly German bloodlines, & Sadie is 8, with the sleeker build & silky fur of the mostly American bloodlines. They're both AKC/CKC papered because we originally planned to breed them, but when we had them tested to ensure the best health for their litters, he tested positive for hip dysplasia, so we had them fixed.

Let me see if I can find any photos that actually show their differences in appearance. She's on the left in all 3 photos.

20190615_091455.jpg

PXL_20220312_233653652.jpg

PXL_20221204_162641834.jpg

@Tazalanche they are so adorable.

On 7/8/2023 at 10:26 AM, Guppysnail said:

40B8B324-E6F4-4EBA-99D2-1D42B2666F94.jpeg

I love that Froggin made it into the thread ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:48 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@Tazalanche they are so adorable.

Thank you. 

Sadie's currently hospitalized for an infection. She started acting sluggish on Tuesday & had some issues when going to the bathroom (I'll refrain from the details), so we took her to the vet. Her white blood cell count was extremely low & she had an enlarged spleen. The vet has no clue what caused it, but in yesterday evening's update she's improving & will get to come home today or tomorrow.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, Tazalanche said:

Thank you. 

Sadie's currently hospitalized for an infection. She started acting sluggish on Tuesday & had some issues when going to the bathroom (I'll refrain from the details), so we took her to the vet. Her white blood cell count was extremely low & she had an enlarged spleen. The vet has no clue what caused it, but in yesterday evening's update she's improving & will get to come home today or tomorrow.

Aw, poor gal. Glad she's on the mend.

• Like 1