Seiryu Stone Questions

Dork Fish

@nabokovfan87 It will be a 75 gallon tank, not set up yet though. I think I will probably be using 30-40 lbs of stone (because of the cost). And also some wood. Will be plenty of plants eventually (over time as they grow out), but the plants might be a bit scarce in the beginning. Will also have bio-stratum, lava rock, and torpedo beach carib sea sand.

Not sure if all the info matters, but I included it just in case 🙂

On 7/1/2023 at 7:40 PM, Dork Fish said:

It will be a 75 gallon tank, not set up yet though. I think I will probably be using 30-40 lbs of stone (because of the cost). And also some wood. Will be plenty of plants eventually (over time as they grow out), but the plants might be a bit scarce in the beginning. Will also have bio-stratum, lava rock, and torpedo beach carib sea sand.

The wood and soil substrate will drop the PH over time and the stone will boost it up over time.  I think you'll be fine.  Just test it weekly for the first few months if possible to track changes over time.  At about ~3 months, you should be at a place where things are stable.  Much like everything, you control the environment by doing water changes.  If you run into issues, you just do water changes.  If things are building up and you're only changing 25% of the water, then consider changing 50% of the water each time.  You'll find out that there's a lot of stress and confusion and the best way to get through things..... the #1 secret to keeping fish.... is to just test the water and make notes, observe, and keep an eye on things.

• Like 1