Neon tetra disease?

pcc

Hi, I have kept 10 neon tetra for 8 months now. I recently noticed that one has become quite large compared to the others. Is this normal? Could it be full of eggs? Neon tetra disease? There is no discoloration, fin rot, spots etc. Including a picture.20230615_093820.jpg.11ae3a291f0d0343c7e4379eea66efbe.jpg

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea I have, twice. One time it got better and I did nothing. The other time the fish bloated (cannot confirm if same fish or not) and lost color so I QT and treated with Kanaplex and Epsom soaks. It passed. Never figured out why unfortunately. 

I left the one alone because it still ate despite having some issues moving around. It also retained color showing me it wasn't too stressed. I removed the other one because it was showing stress and struggling to eat. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Thanks 1

I have one that looks exactly like this. I've had them for months, with no recent additions to the tank. Behaves normal. 

I did see a male kind of zig-zagging around, which I've read is a breeding pattern for these fish - so hopping she's just egg laden.