Friendly Fish! Post pics and stories of your favorite wet pet😊

EdgeAquatics

I have a betta that no matter where I’m sitting or looking into my tank he will swim as close to where I am as he can. I was watching a small colony of cyclops in the back of my tank and he just came over to watch with me:)

(forgive the photo quality but I didn’t want to scrub the glass back there as the cyclops have made their home)

42E888A6-F10E-4345-8D97-3FEC6079ABC0.jpeg

Edited by EdgeAquatics
  • Like 2

I have a koi fish named max. He lives in a pond and he is the oldest fish that I have. Whenever I go to feed him, he always swims up to me. I also have an emerald green cory catfish. Before I knew they were supposed to live in groups, I bought him. He lived alone for about a month and then I put more corys in with him. I named the cory catfish Cory McElroy.

• Like 1

My female dwarf neon rainbow (and sometimes the male) likes to photo bomb. She waits till my phone has perfect focus and zooms in throwing everything off lol. Everything I read says they are skittish fish but I have not had that problem. Just like bettas, they come right to the glass and get it your face when you're trying to look at someone/thing else. They also stare at me from across the room hoping for food like a molly would. Hopefully when I add a couple more females they'll still be just as friendly.

20201109_202709_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 8:05 AM, Kara C said:

My female dwarf neon rainbow (and sometimes the male) likes to photo bomb. She waits till my phone has perfect focus and zooms in throwing everything off lol. Everything I read says they are skittish fish but I have not had that problem. Just like bettas, they come right to the glass and get it your face when you're trying to look at someone/thing else. They also stare at me from across the room hoping for food like a molly would. Hopefully when I add a couple more females they'll still be just as friendly.

20201109_202709_HDR.jpg

My dwarf neon rainbowfish are not shy either. They greet me when I enter the room. I love watching then zip around. I have 2 males and 4 females. 

20201107_073501.jpg

20201107_202033.jpg

• Like 2