Ken's Fishroom (and other tanks)

Ken Dyer

Broke out the little 3" disk saw with the abrasive disk, the saw horses & clamps, and set off to Home Desperate for some poly carbonate siding & drawer pulls. After multiple adjustments and finally settling on "good enough" ended up with tops for the 5 10 gallon tanks in the room and an actual top for the 75G that wasn't comprised of off cuts from earlier projects tetris'ed together.

Ended up moving the longfin cherry barbs into the newly planted 40B as it was hard to appreciate them on a bottom row tank and I must say, DANG! they are beautiful against a dark substrate. They thought so as well as they spawned within about 4 hours of being moved so had to move the mop into one of the new 10's to see if we get anything. Expectations are low as the tank is only 1 week old so no good mulm/biofilm for fry but no action means no success. Poor action is at least better than zero 😉

Will snap some pictures and upload hopefully after work today (especially if the cherry barbs want to flare and dance again for me).

• Like 1

I love them long fin cherry barbs, I had got some last year from a local breeder at a convention, and had wanted to put them outside this past summer. I set the tub up, and put them outside, not sure what happened, but all I had left when I cleaned tub out for winter was one female. I hopefully can get some more one day and I'll try breeding them in my basement fish room

• Like 1