Tips needed for being a vendor at a club swap

Guppysnail

Hi all,

I am packed with baby/juvenile/ almost adult fish, shrimp, snails of several types and worms right now. Too much to just take to auction. My kids offspring production is outpacing my ability to rehome. 

First week in July my local fish club has a swap meet/ cookout. An indoor table became available so I impulsively rented it as a way to get caught back up on rehoming. As a way to fill out my table I am ordering plants wholesale. 

I have been to swaps but never participated as anything but a buyer who spends to much money. 

Can anyone who has been a table vendor at swaps please give me tips, tricks, things you learned to do better and what not to do, things to take and just anything you care to share please? 

Also those who enjoy shopping at fish swaps …what catches your eye the most or entices you to buy from 1 vendor over another?

Thanks Nerm Family!

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, Guppysnail said:

@Fish Folk that video was very helpful. Especially preparing the clean water the day before. I was concerned about depleting oxygen by drawing and dechlorinating the day of.  

Would running an iar stone in the water your prepping help keep the max amount of oxygen in the water just before bagging?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:56 PM, TeeJay said:

Would running an iar stone in the water your prepping help keep the max amount of oxygen in the water just before bagging?

Yes. That is what was covered in that video. My room is not heated so I will drop a spare heater in and I have air pumps coming out my ears 🤣

On 5/26/2023 at 1:59 PM, Guppysnail said:

Yes. That is what was covered in that video. My room is not heated so I will drop a spare heater in and I have air pumps coming out my ears 🤣

Better than crabs coming out of them.

• Haha 1