First aquascape is finally done! Thank you everyone for all the help!

RennjiDK

Tank dark cycled for 2 weeks and then a 100% WC at planting. Everything is up and running.

Plants (all tissue culture cups):

1c Christmas Moss, 5c HC Cuba, 4c Brownie Ghost Buce, 3c Kedagang Japan Buce, 1c Crypt Wendtii, 4c Rotola Rotundifolia, 2c Rotala Hra, 1c Rotala Nanjenshan.

I mistakenly thought that 5 cups of cuba would have been enough, but I could have used closer to 10.

There's a GLA paintball kit injecting CO2 and 2 Kessil A80s providing light. Stocking to come in the near future.

20230521_181241.jpg.4adcf7401609bd3ed84aa4560106143f.jpg

20230521_181228.jpg.0ff959bcb5b06521a8c18e49cbcc5ec5.jpg

20230521_181222.jpg.8343c23ba26d496d60742d1691977822.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Looks great. The waiting is the hardest part as it grows in. Depending on your water you may see some plants really flourish and others melt. Don’t worry as this is very normal. The Rotalas should grow fast enough to prevent any major algae blooms. As for the HC as it grows and spreads you can always trim and replant in spots to propagate it faster. Have fun! 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 12:18 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

@RennjiDK Looks very well done, nice work!

A tip from Mr. Amano regarding the Moss and how to initially plant it.  This will help encourage growth and give it a more natural look.

Thanks. I just took big chunks of it with CA glue and stuck it on. That looks much better than mine. I was on the fence about moss from the start, and just wanted something to highlight some of the branches while the scape grows in. It may or may not stay depending on how it grows, or rather, how uncontrollable it becomes.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 10:12 PM, RennjiDK said:

Thanks. I just took big chunks of it with CA glue and stuck it on. That looks much better than mine. I was on the fence about moss from the start, and just wanted something to highlight some of the branches while the scape grows in. It may or may not stay depending on how it grows, or rather, how uncontrollable it becomes.

Hopefully you enjoy it!  You have some nice choices in there for mosses that you've chosen.