Ohio Grandpa - 1 year and counting

Ohio Ron

Howdy fellow fishkeepers. I got started about a year ago when the wife let the granddaughter pick out 2 fish and a small cube tank at our local Meijer. Well-- then😬 I had to figure out how to keep them alive. After a few mistakes, I finally found some great online content - especially Cory and Aquarium Co-Op. Now 1 year later we are up to a 60 gal and loving it(Wife included - LOL) As you can tell, we have a clash in decor(some glo items for the wife; and some more natural-ish decor for me), but we enjoy working on it together and the Granddaughter loves all the fish and helping to feed and clean.
We currently have 7 Platy, 5 Danio(glo), 7 Tetra(5 glo, 1 White Skirt, and a Serpae), 4 Corys(2 Emerald, 2 Albino), and a Bristlenose Pleco. Possible adds in the future include a group of Cherry Barbs and maybe a Dwarf Gourami. I'd also like some Neon or Cardinal Tetras, but not sure how they'd assimilate with the Gourami.

Ohio Pappy Ron

Aquarium1.jpg

Aquarium2.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hobbit said:

Welcome! Fun fact: I grew up in Ohio (Columbus area). Cory is the best for getting good aquarium advice. I’m a little over a year in myself as well. Looks like a fun tank you have going!!

Thank you, Hobbit! We are over toward Dayton, but we do run over to Columbus to catch a few OSU Hockey games each season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanked said:

I really like the glo tank, especially the air feature. It gives me some ideas for another project.

Thank you.. I had to add that submersible blue light to make the wife happy. Because it's a 24" deep tank, her glofish weren't "glowing enough" with the rim lights. Wife is happy now.. Happy wife - happy life.. 😀. Added timers to rim lights and the submersible. I also have a couple of 24" top lights, but only use them to add for feeding, or some extra blue light in the evening.