Hello from WA State

Hi!

I have a 16 gal with long fin white cloud mountain minnows, hill stream loach, shrimp, snails and plants;)

I started in dec (with cycling) and it’s been a little stressful sometimes but fun and creative!

Today unfortunately it looks like my hill stream loach is heading out.:( Wally was the life of the party and will be missed dearly. Yesterday was a long day of trying to recover him but I think he’s gone 😞 

I have a room temp tank and we had a heat spike recently. Our home has AC but the tank still was warmer than it has been. I think it was too much of a change for him. I tried pretty much all I could do… it’s still hard.

Rip Wally ♥️

-ChillFish

• Like 3

On 5/20/2023 at 9:34 AM, Fish Folk said:

Sorry to hear…

One thing I always do with room temp tanks is to add air. Heat bumps can be managed if there’s a lot of dissolved oxygen.  

Yes, I added an attachment to my filter to create more bubbles and disruption of the surface, I think my minnows like playing in all the bubbles 😁

• Like 1

Hey ChillFish,

Welcome to the forum and it's never easy losing a pet. As many have lost fish, it's knowledge that's gained. They more research you can do, the better off you be. Sorry for the loss and if you need anything just let me or others know. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:37 PM, H20 Plecos said:

Hey ChillFish,

Welcome to the forum and it's never easy losing a pet. As many have lost fish, it's knowledge that's gained. They more research you can do, the better off you be. Sorry for the loss and if you need anything just let me or others know. 

Thank you so much ♥️ 

Oh yeah, I forgot to plug the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society!

If you're anywhere in the Puget Sound area I would recommend looking into joining. Even if you can't make the meetings you still get access to resources and get discounts at a bunch of stores including ACO