Yellow Alert on US Shipping summer 2023

Fish Folk

PSA for general preparedness:

Shipping volume of parcels in US has decreased somewhat more precipitously than anticipated this year due to an atrophied economy. Both UPS and FedEX have reported a revenue decline, leading to operational cost cuts.

This is occurring simultaneously with FedEX undergoing a massive phased transition, and UPS in unresolved union contract negotiations timed to trigger a strike after the end of July. The pandemic saw a surge in home package deliveries, but that demand has declined.

The upshot is this: come August, unless this resolves, shipping may clog up significantly. Costs may increase, and live fish could find themselves in warehouses and on hot tarmacs for periods longer than normal.

Edited by Fish Folk

On 5/20/2023 at 6:02 AM, Fish Folk said:

PSA for general preparedness:

The upshot is this: come August, unless this resolves, shipping may clog up significantly. Costs may increase, and live fish could find themselves in warehouses and on hot tarmacs for periods longer than normal.

Hum... i just asked my fishes if it is ok if they spend time in a warehouses or hot tarmacs; and they said if they end up in those places they will either go in strike or hide in the back corner where i can't catch them.... so i guess that means something ... not quite sure what.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, anewbie said:

Hum... i just asked my fishes if it is ok if they spend time in a warehouses or hot tarmacs; and they said if they end up in those places they will either go in strike or hide in the back corner where i can't catch them.... so i guess that means something ... not quite sure what.

Hopefully things will resolve before issues build up. But there is a possibility that businesses that are unprepared may go through a very lean cycle.