When blanching veggies....

BeeGryphon

I suspect this is a silly question considering I've never seen anyone mention it, but to be safe: when blanching veggies for snails, is regular water okay, or does it need to be dechlorinated? Does the boiling take care of any chlorine, or is the amount in just a little veggie too negligible to matter?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, BeeGryphon said:

I suspect this is a silly question considering I've never seen anyone mention it, but to be safe: when blanching veggies for snails, is regular water okay, or does it need to be dechlorinated? Does the boiling take care of any chlorine, or is the amount in just a little veggie too negligible to matter?

I use RO water personally

But I understand it is not an option for everyone

I found the easiest for me is to buy frozen veggies and use those. I buy bags of frozen sliced squash and zucchini mix and frozen bags of whole green beans. Just thaw to room temp and serve. And a bit cheaper than buying fresh ones.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 5:27 PM, TeeJay said:

I found the easiest for me is to buy frozen veggies and use those. I buy bags of frozen sliced squash and zucchini mix and frozen bags of whole green beans. Just thaw to room temp and serve. And a bit cheaper than buying fresh ones.

Good to know! I didn't realize I could just thaw frozen veggies.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, BeeGryphon said:

Good to know! I didn't realize I could just thaw frozen veggies.

Sure can. Since they are frozen and then thawed the freezing helps to soften and break down the veggies to make them more appealing to you fish shrimp and snails.

• Like 2