Black worm tank.

TeeJay

Just looking around doing research on maybe setting up a 5 gallon tank to just raise black worms in. Seems like it could be pretty simple persay lol. I hear that you can get leeches mixed in with worm cultures along with parasites and bacteria. 

Would it be bad if the leeches are mixed in as well? Or would it be more of an eyesore if the get established in my tanks if all the worms were not eaten when fed.

And help tips or tricks and info would be great.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:29 AM, Lennie said:

Teejay noo

As you mentioned, anything potentially comes with them is scary.

Just steal some other worms from @Guppysnail when you guys meet next time 😄 

Yes @Guppysnail got me setup real quick. There are just to many cons than what the pros are worth. There is a reason why she is my partner in crime and I talk to her daily. The voice of reason when I want to do something crazy like add that next tank lol

• Haha 2

Blackworms come with inherent risks. Leeches, planaria and other parasites, bacteria etc. many of the keeches can be potentially dangerous to snails, shrimp and fish etc. 

If I had a species only tank of something like cichlids or other robust fish with no snails or shrimp sure. But in a community setting the risks are too high for my blood. 

@LennieWhite worms are next on @TeeJays list of setups he just doesn’t know it yet 🤣 When he realizes that’s his next project I’ll send him a good starter. 🤗

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:52 AM, Guppysnail said:

Blackworms come with inherent risks. Leeches, planaria and other parasites, bacteria etc. many of the keeches can be potentially dangerous to snails, shrimp and fish etc. 

If I had a species only tank of something like cichlids or other robust fish with no snails or shrimp sure. But in a community setting the risks are too high for my blood. 

White worms are next on @TeeJays list of setups he just doesn’t know it yet 🤣 When he realizes that’s his next project I’ll send him a good starter. 🤗

Yes I have to get the materials for that lol

• Love 1