Heater? I don't even know her!

Rozmere

I've been wanting to upgrade from that big ugly heater in my 10 gallon to something that isn't super expensive, is safe for my fish/snails, is lower profile, and is reliable. I really like the look of the ACO heater as well as the AQQA, Hygger, and a few other similar ones, but every time I read the reviews on these types of heaters I see the repeating statement, "It boiled my fish". I'm currently not wanting to boil fish so I'm looking for credible information in regards to the quality/safety of the best of these heaters so I don't waste my money on something that will cook my aquatic friends or go off like a mine and destroy my tank as well as my fish/snails and anything else in the area.

I know there are always going to be bad apples with any product, I'm just looking for the ones that are "most likely" to be a good reliable heater based on user experience. I wish there was a site that gathered or conducted extensive tests on all aquarium products but as far as I know, there isn't. So I'm looking for advice.

I have several of both ACO and hygger low profile ones. I love them both with zero issues. 
Electrical appliances wear out and fail. It’s the nature of what they are. 
That said I have found identical reviews attached to several products from the same person. I often think reviews get listed something like aquarium heater and attached to all aquarium heaters 🤷‍♀️

I do use inkbird temperature controllers with heaters because they shut the power off to the heater when it goes above whatever temp I set as a safe guard. Many years ago I did experience the boiling affect. 

Also to add folks that buy products that work as intended go on with life and don’t review as often as a very upset person who got the one bad one or did not use it correctly and had a bad outcome that feel the need to warn others. 

I have the ACO heater in 4 of my tanks and haven't boiled any fish yet. The only issues I've had are when I drain the water past the heater with the heater still plugged in, it will start to burn itself. You can avoid that by unplugging the heater when doing water changes or positioning the heater towards the bottom of the tank. 

I have 3 ACO heaters!     One started makeing a little noise when it turned on due to an airstone being to close, (getting air up in it)...:classic_rolleyes:..fixed that. :classic_tongue:. Other than a little noise, they  have always worked  great and the digital temp display is very accurate.  :classic_biggrin:  And it blends into the background nicely. 

20230416_080353.jpg

• Like 1