Yellow Bumps On Bristlenose Plecos

Heather Nielsen

Hi everyone, 

My husband and I have been trying to help out a young girl with her sick fish.  She has Bristlenose Plecos that are very sick with something that we have never seen before.  At first glance, it looks like Ich.  But, when you look closer you can see that the "spots" are actually yellow looking and much larger than Ich.  We also thought that it could be Lymphocystis or Yellow Grub.  However, I don't think that it is either of these because this is a very fast acting disease.  Her plecos are dying off very quickly.  In the past 72 hours she has lost around 15 of them.  If anyone could help us identify this we would be so grateful! 

yellow.jpg

Edited by Heather Nielsen

Wow i never seen anything like that before. It could be Lymphocistys but i can't tell for sure. Only thing you can do keep your water parameters perfect and maybe try with some wide spectrum antibiotics but i don't think it will work. 

Only thing i can say if that disease wipe out tank make sure to properly disinfect all stuff used for tank (nets, pipets, rocks, decoration...) and tank too.

Good luck

• Like 1